Save your sanity, time & money!

Need solutions for the medication, medical appliances and/or medical travel that you can't afford? READ EMPOWER Yourself.

A Health Information Management professional, I survived a life-threatening emergency with information that only a person of my professional experience would know. And I’m sharing it!

Monday, November 20, 2017

Why YOU Need to Motivate Yourself!

B'SD

2 Kislev, 5778


I've dried many tears in order to 
share this message with you.

Two hours ago I returned home from a sophisticated vision exam, in the hospital where I'd had life-saving surgery in 2005 to remove the benign Petroclival Tentorial Meningioma that had crushed my optic nerves plus part of my brain. It had almost killed me.



Though the surgeon removed the tumor, I was left completely blind. I was so weak that I'd needed a wheelchair to get around. 

I graduated to a walker.

Then to a cane.

Then I walked on my own power, seeing what was before me. It was an ever-better future.

Though doctors had despaired that I'd recover much from the devastation of the tumor and surgery, their jaws have dropped and lifted several times over the years as they examine me and monitor my gradual recovery from HUGE physical trauma.


I keep seeing better at each exam.
The prescription for my glasses 
keeps falling.

It is 
less powerful
over time.

I have lost much of the vertigo (imbalance) and double vision plaguing me since the day of life-saving surgery. Even the odd movements of my eyes (strabismus) have lessened to a great extent.

The lead doctor following my case announced today that "Full credit" is due me for my motivation to recover, that I never abandoned that goal. He cited the fact that I have used "many" alternative healing strategies, and that they had clearly helped me.

For the record, not one hospital doctor knew how to help me to see again. My innovative optometrist did, and so did my alternative healing advisors. GOD blessed us with success.

I've prayed, I've eaten only organic food, I wear only natural fibers, I do specific eye exercises to strengthen the optic muscles, I laugh and look for reasons to smile. I do more than that to heal, but you get the idea.

Folks, I simply lack the words to tell you what's in my heart. But listen to my doctor: MOTIVATE yourself to heal, to cope, to accept your new realities and to deal with them forthrightly. 

Anger, revenge, bitterness and any sort of negativity prevents healing and coping from happening.



Yes, you need time to grieve what's been lost. The purpose of grieving is to reach a state of acceptance.

Accept your reality. Face it head-on. And figure out how best to resolve the problems, to soothe yourself, and to get your grin back.


Life can be worth living if YOU make it so.





Buy the motivational, can-do E-book or print edition of EMPOWER Yourself to Cope with a Medical Challenge



http://www.booklocker.com/p/books/3067.html?s=TrackingCode


Face Your Medical Problems with Dignity. Face Your Future with Optimism.

Fill YOUR life with medical miracles.

3 comments:

Netivotgirl said...

You are a FIGHTER!!!! And you believe in Hashem's power to heal. You FOUGHT to overcome medical obstacles regardless of doctors' dire warnings and negative expectations. You are my miracle lady. May Hashem continue to bless you with continued improvement with your eyesight and overall health. May others learn from your obstinance (Resolute adherence to your own ideas or desires ) to heal yourself. May we hear besorot tovot from you dear Yocheved on all fronts!

Miriam said...

Yocheved, I'm happy for you. Your positive attitude and faith in Hashem gave you the strength to fight and win back your vision.

Miriam

Yocheved Golani said...

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!