Save your sanity, time & money!

Need solutions for the medication, medical appliances and/or medical travel that you can't afford? READ EMPOWER Yourself.

A Health Information Management professional, I survived a life-threatening emergency with information that only a person of my professional experience would know. And I’m sharing it!

Monday, May 8, 2017

When Someone Belittles Your Efforts and Challenges...

B'SD

12 Iyar, 5777

As someone who knows from the very cells of her being what it is like to face a world unaware of the subtleties of my efforts to cope with limited vision, plus other sequelae of the neurological damage from an emergency surgery to save my life, I appreciate your unhappiness at having your medical and/or mental health efforts trivialized by other people, too.

I know and fully appreciate the agony of hearing my realities, and yours, belittled by someone who claims to know instant solutions for any of them. And so, I share the following message with you.


OMIGAWD I sympathize with your anger, 
frustration and unhappiness!

Over the years I've noticed some alleged motivational speakers and writers who give me pause. They claim that everything is - or soon can be - FINE, despite the wide range of devastating problems for the people suffering through them. Worse, the motivational speaker/writer praises one person for talking about how they finessed their way through some personal hell of a specific challenge, claiming that "SEE? ALL PROBLEMS CAN BE OVERCOME!"
The oversimplification is a betrayal of people 
in desperate need of solutions, 
not feel-good talk. 

People facing life-altering problems need 
tools, 
coping skills, 
social acceptance 
and inner strength 
to face their issues, not superficial comments..


NONE of them are discovered in a day, barring unforeseen miracles.

I highly doubt that this message will change/improve people who boast of oversimplified solutions for complicated problems. 

However, I'm hopeful that I can soothe people left feeling more wounded after reading or hearing unrealistic "Motivational" remarks.

Some days it's better to stay off the keyboard. Keep the video recorder in its case and let humanity seek realistic solutions to vexing problems... 

As for the rest of us, we can take a vacation from the monitor that someone uses to insult you or me... sigh...





EMPOWER Yourself to Cope with a Medical Challenge

PS - I appreciate the readers who wondered why I had not posted updates last week. The answer is that I was mourning the loss of lives throughout Israel's history on Israel's Memorial Day, enjoying Israel's Independence Day celebrations, and sharing quality time with loved ones.

Now I'm back to my regularly scheduled programming :^ D




Face Your Medical Problems with Dignity. Face Your Future with Optimism.

Fill your heart and mind with strength. Don't allow it to be stolen or belittled.

No comments: