Save your sanity, time & money!

Need solutions for the medication, medical appliances and/or medical travel that you can't afford? READ EMPOWER Yourself.

A Health Information Management professional, I survived a life-threatening emergency with information that only a person of my professional experience would know. And I’m sharing it!

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Here's How to Be Fair - and Helpful - to People with Sensory Issues

B'SD


11 Nisan 5772


One of the maddening things about being a person with sensory issues is that the rest of the world fails to understand our completely sensible coping mechanisms!


Please watch this video to gain insight into why some children wriggle, tap feet or fingers and simply move around so much: Brain Highways: The Proprioceptive System.


Why do I find this topic so important? I have a lingering sensory processing disorder that leaves me with severe vertigo. I use specific techniques I learned in physical and occupational therapy lessons to cope with that. 


I've always sympathized with people who pace, tap, and do other things to ground themselves in their present locations. Squirming in discomfort is, at times, not a sign of emotional distress. It's a sign of coping with missed "This is where I am" placement signals.






Find out where you fit and what you can do to improve your sensory or medical/disability situation! Buy E-book or print edition EMPOWER Yourself to Cope with a Medical Challenge to lower your medical costs and emotional distress.


Face Your Medical Problems with Dignity.
Face Your Future with Optimism.




No comments: