Save your sanity, time & money!

Need solutions for the medication, medical appliances and/or medical travel that you can't afford? READ EMPOWER Yourself.

A Health Information Management professional, I survived a life-threatening emergency with information that only a person of my professional experience would know. And I’m sharing it!

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Hey Teach, Check this Out! Schools Need Decency, Discipline and... Good Sense with Disabled Students!

B'SD


1 Elul 5771






The new school year is beginning and that means LOTS of scared students in every age group!


The problem is more painful for students with disabilites. They must face the gaffes, rudeness and utter lack of insight in teaching staff and the student body. Learning school subjects is hard enough with being harassed, misunderstood and gosh, just name the unnecessary, undeserved and completely inappropriate complication!


So, I'm preparing a 2-part blogpost for helping people to AVOID making misguided statements and taking inappropriate actions that disabled students of every age face in school settings at the start of - and all through - the school year. 
 
I pray that my efforts will
minimize the problems.

Part 1 is entitled "10 Ways to Embarrass Disabled/Ill Kids at School" and Part 2 is entitled "10 BEST Ways to Interact with Disabled/Ill Kids at School."

I welcome your input. Please share insights with me about tips to share (I have some ready to be posted). I will not use your names if you request anonymity. Send your comments to giveretgolani@gmail.com.



EMPOWER Yourself to Cope with a Medical Challenge using insights from a book that mental health therapists recommend.

Buy it at http://booklocker.com/books/3067.html


Face Your Medical Problems with Dignity.
Face Your Future with Optimism.

No comments: