Save your sanity, time & money!

Need solutions for the medication, medical appliances and/or medical travel that you can't afford? READ EMPOWER Yourself.

A Health Information Management professional, I survived a life-threatening emergency with information that only a person of my professional experience would know. And I’m sharing it!

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

"GOTCHA! " Healthcare?!?

B'SD

3 Tamuz 5771

OY. The Obama administration announced its plan to send "mystery shoppers" to visit medical practices so they can figure out how accessible primary care is. It sounds as inefficient, irrelevant and irreverant as "Gotcha journalism" which preys on decent people minding their own business and not harming yours.
Then it frames them as being incompetent creeps.

I'm convnced that the best way to obtain better health care is by pleasantly introducing yourself to the medical staff and making an appointment to discuss actual needs. Surreptitious behavior raises more questions about the liars posing as patients than answers about medical compentence. I pity Americans with medical needs who depend on their president for solutions.


In other news, I spent part of my time volunteering at a hospital, doing what I can to help people of all ages to smile despite pain and fear as they face blood transfusions, chemotherapy, radiation and sheer misery. Today I had an interesting morning, playing Rat-a-Tat-Cat and Blokus in Arabic (I won 2 out of 3 rounds per game), plus handing out magazines and videos for different ages and speakers of different languages.

A Russian-speaking child was so weak from his chemotherapy that I painted pictures for him. All of us laughed to see patients from India whupping each other at Bananagrams in English. Such fun. What a day on the emotional spectrum.

Tell me, what do you do to cope with the pain and suffering of medical problems? I keep meeting people who quote specific passages in my book, to let me know what they do to cope with medical life.

Looking forward to hearing from you,






I did the research for you. Find answers you need for cost containment and better moods, in quick and convenient
EMPOWER Yourself to Cope with a Medical Challenge. It'll teach you tips on being respectful to caregivers, too. Legislators ought to read it.

Face Your Medical Problems with Dignity.
Face Your Future with Optimism.

No comments: