Save your sanity, time & money!

Need solutions for the medication, medical appliances and/or medical travel that you can't afford? READ EMPOWER Yourself.

A Health Information Management professional, I survived a life-threatening emergency with information that only a person of my professional experience would know. And I’m sharing it!

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Sing a Song of Spiritual and Physical Fitness

9 Tevet 5768

As I recover from my broken elbow I am left with time and occasion to reflect upon my life and its meaning.

My acknowledged purpose on this planet is to demonstrate how a mortal human can face utter disaster, work through it, and raise the bar on personal performance. One of the prayers I recite daily is Perek Shira, the song of Creation. It refers to the majesty of the universe and the Creator. GOD (HaShem in Hebrew) is beyond human comprehension. Though we cannot fathom GOD's Master Plan, we can sense its innate purity of power and purpose.

Here is a video that people of any religiion can appreciate. It is by my friend Rabbi Lazer Brody:





***
Want to get your children off the computer, iPod, GameBoy, etc.? Tell them how good looking they’ll be after pleasant, regular workouts:

Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health
Office of Communications and Public Affairs
January 7, 2008

PHYSICAL EDUCATION, ACTIVE PLAY HELP TEENS MAINTAIN NORMAL WEIGHT AS ADULTS

Adolescents who participate in physical education at school are more likely to maintain a normal weight as young adults, according to a study by researchers at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.

For each weekday of physical education at school the odds of being an overweight adult decreased by 5 percent. Participation in all five days of physical education decreased the odds of being an overweight adult by 28 percent. The study is published in the January 2008 edition of the journal Archives of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine.

These findings underscore the important role that school-based and extracurricular physical activities play in reducing the likelihood of becoming an overweight adult," said Robert Wm. Blum, MD, MPH, PhD, the study's senior author. "While physical education was not a good weight-loss mechanism over time, it appears to have a positive impact in helping teenagers maintain a healthy weight into young adulthood," added Blum, the Bloomberg School's William H. Gates Sr. Professor and Chair in Population and Reproductive Health.

… The likelihood of being an overweight adult was most reduced among teens who participated in wheel-related extracurricular activities such as rollerblading, biking or skate-boarding more than 4 times per week.

… The American Academy of Pediatrics and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services recommend physical education at all grade levels. Studies show that…only 6 percent of junior high schools and 5 percent of senior high schools offer daily physical education...

"Sixteen percent of adolescents in the United States are overweight or obese and 85 percent of obese teens will become obese adults. School-based physical education could be a low-cost strategy and a long-lasting solution to adult obesity," said Blum.

###


Enjoy nature, your life, and a whole lot more. Read It' My Crisis! And I'll Cry if I Need To. Benefit from it, and tell others about It's MY Crisis! And I’ll Cry if I Need To.

Give someone a copy of It's MY Crisis! And I’ll Cry if I Need To http://www.booklocker.com/books/3067.html

Order it in book stores anywhere if it’s not on the shelves. It's MY Crisis! And I’ll Cry if I Need To can be shipped worldwide. Specialty editions are available for large organizations.

Save on large orders of It's MY Crisis!
https://secure.booklocker.com/booklocker/wholesale/order.php

Over 1000 votes of praise have been made for my book since December 2 2007, when the Musella Foundation for Brain Tumor Research declared It’s MY Crisis to be “Recommended Reading.” Readers can vote for It's MY Crisis! And I’ll Cry if I Need To on the Musella website once daily. Once you’ve read It’s MY Crisis! And I’ll Cry if I Need To, vote for it at
http://www.virtualtrials.com/books.cfm. I hope you choose a 9 or a 10.

May you sing your personal song of joy in the universe. Share your unique gifts with others, and help them along. To your good health,

Yojeved Golani
Coping with a Medical Crisis?
Make the Changes You Need in Your Life.


No comments: