Save your sanity, time & money!

Need solutions for the medication, medical appliances and/or medical travel that you can't afford? READ EMPOWER Yourself.

A Health Information Management professional, I survived a life-threatening emergency with information that only a person of my professional experience would know. And I’m sharing it!

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Moms’ Sick: Here’s How to Cope

3 Tevet 5768

Men, I intend to give you equal time. But first up, I'm sharing some online videos about women who are sick for extended periods of time.

Two of the themes running through both videos are 1. cruelly dismissive remarks that medical "professionals" made to women experiencing genuine illness and 2. lack of interest in exploring an intelligent, articulate adult's medical concerns and symptoms. "You're having hormone problems," "You need psychotherapy," "You're just busy and tired from raising kids," and so on were just some of the responses made to the people in these shows.

If you're a woman, you're probably familiar with the problems mentioned above. I sure am, and WOW am I disappointed in the medical world's regard for women.

Here's my suggestion for repairing the problem. Suggest watching the "Moms with Long-term Illnesses" and "Post-Partum Depression/Empty-nesters" videos to your medical team, plus to your family and friends. It's a painless and valuable education effort on their part.

Here's the link to the videos (at the same blog): http://www.douglas.co.us/networkdc/dcmom/index.html#topVideo

If and when you respond to the E-address at the video blog above, please “CC” me. Or simply send your reaction to the dialogues to giveretgolani@gmail.com.

Buy It's My Crisis! And I'll Cry if I Need To. Learn more about how to cope with the stresses of sickness in the family.

***

CHANUKA ends later today !!!!! Spread healing cheer and keep the warmth of the holiday going far into the future when you buy someone a copy of It's MY Crisis! And I’ll Cry if I Need To at http://www.booklocker.com/books/3067.html

The good feelings you'll foster can be as warm and appealing as these Chanuka latkes.












Order it in book stores anywhere if it’s not on the shelves. It's MY Crisis! And I’ll Cry if I Need To can be shipped worldwide. Specialty editions are available for large organizations.

Booksellers, save on large quantities of It's MY Crisis!
https://secure.booklocker.com/booklocker/wholesale/order.php

To your good health,

Yocheved Golani
Coping with a Medical Crisis?
Make the Changes You Need in Your Life.


No comments: